Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Assalamu alaikum
Alhumdulillah! I have survived three weeks of teaching and so far I love it! We had our first excitement this year. The school is in the progress of building a new addition, which will more than double our space! After labor day, we had more rain than usual and with the water being rerouted because of the building effort, it came into the school. By lunch time, we had school cancelled, the students out, and about two inches of water on the floor. My first job was to get all the computers and power cables off the floor before the water covered them. Then five of us (two teachers, principal, and a couple of volunteers) started moving water outside, while the construction company started these big pumps to move that water into the nearby creek. After 4-5 hours of hard work, the school was ready for the students to come back the next day.

Muahaha, I am such a mean teacher :-) The school uniform is navy pants, and a light blue oxford cloth shirt. I came to school wearing the same type of shirt and a little first grade girl came up to me saying "Amu, why are you wearing the school uniform? You're a teacher, not a student!" I knelt down beside her, put my finger over my lips to quiet her and whispered "Don't tell anyone, I beat up a kindergartner, and took his shirt" Her eyes got real big as she started thinking about what I said and she looked at the kindergarten classroom for a kid without a shirt! As she was looking in the classroom, I sneaked away...

I want to write more, but I haven't gotten my time organized yet :-( so inshaAllah, later...

Hope everyone has a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment