Thursday, August 28, 2003

Assalamu Alaikum!

Alhamdulillah!!!
I have survived my first week teaching and am getting organized, but I have too much homework! The staff here is delightful, and most of the students are also wonderful. (Fourth grade is the most challenging for me because I am not use to working with that active of an age group. Turn my back for one second, and at least three students are our of their seats and talking to their neighbors! On the plus side, I am learning how to write on the chalk board while facing the class :D )

MashaAllah, my newest son has doubled his weight this past three months and is starting to coo and laugh with us when we talk to him. Alhamdulillah everyone is healthy and hopefully getting wiser. My kids are behaving themselves in my classroom (My sons get to attend the Islamic madrasa at reduced tuition since I am working here so they are getting an Islamic education now). So please make dua for me that I am an effective teacher and don't torture the kids (students) too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment