Friday, September 19, 2003

Assalamu Alaikum!
Jummah Mubarak

I was late for Friday Prayer :-(. All I have to do is walk upstairs, but alas, my other responsibility is to chase the boys upstairs, make sure they behave while taking Wudu, and be an over-all hall monitor. Then I heard the Imam start, and was thinking "wait wait, I still need to talk Wudu also" (Teachers can not use the student bathrooms for our own safety because of the perverts in recent history) But Alhamdulillah, I get to yell at kids to hurry to Jummah :-), Can't exactly do that in public school :D

I agreed to visit my Grandmother more often while my parents are traveling, and take her for her errands. Last night, she was telling me about when her and grandpa were squirrel hunting, and trying to clean it for dinner. They were in the process of pulling the skin off when my mom (as a 3-4 year old) came out and asked "Papa, why are you taking that squirrel's britches (pants)" I enjoy hearing the positive stories of when she was growing up. Unfortunately, she grew up during the Great Depression, so there is a lot of sad stories that she sometimes dwells on too much... My parents have to keep reminding her to think of positive times and to stop depressing herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment