Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Assalamu alaikum

Alhumdulillah, we bought a "new" car last Saturday. It is actually a used car but it is new to us... Now poor sayang will not be stranded at home while I'm at work. She can take the kids out, go shopping, and all that wonderful stuff. Since I am about an hour away, we decided that it is safer for her to have transportation in-case something serious happens, like me having to leave work to pick up a sick kid at school... Ha, now she gets that job :-)

Argh, what have I done to myself. I start teaching tomorrow evening, and am nervous! I haven't taught people older than me before! InshaAllah, all will go well, and I can do a good job. I will be a graduate Business Statistics professor!?! It is still a scary thought...

Tomorrow I get a day off! Take the car in to get repaired after the accident, take care of all the legal stuff in getting a new car such as license, insurance, safety inspections... Bleh, just give money away to get the governments permission to drive, how rude! Then, any extra time will be spent preparing for my lecture tomorrow.

Sob, I got a ticket yesterday for driving too fast... I wasn't really driving too fast, but it is a weird story. I take my kids to school, and there is this short cut through a rich neighborhood that a lot of people take. The speed limit has always been posted as 30mph. To discourage people from using the short-cut, the limit has been reduced to 20mph. I didn't see the new sign, and happily drove my usual 35mph, so I got stopped by a Mr. Police officer who told me the new speed limit, and gave me a speeding ticket. My beautiful perfect, mostly clean record is tarnished again! My last ticket was five years ago, when I was younger and more impulsive. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment