Sunday, November 02, 2008

Assalamu Alaikum!!

I need to learn how to write again :D

I spent the last three years of my life gaining experience and skills in math education. I started a "masters" for 2 years, while adjuncting at another school. (only slightly frowned upon), but since my focus was in so many different directions, I wasn't successful enough. Graduate school requires focus!! So I spent a year adjuncting at three schools, while looking for a new school.

Last summer, I packed up my family, and we moved west! I am in a Math Education program working toward my PhD, and loving it! But education courses require a lot of writing! I am out of practice, and need to get use to typing again. What better way than to re-start my ancient blog with another slight change of focus.

I'm not going to try to update years worth of posts, so just consider this a fresh start, and i'll take it one day at a time.

Heres to a new life, in a new state, new job, new house. (same family!! but it's grown some). My poor sayang told me that she would be *really* happy if I could finish in three years, and move somewhere less "stinky". Yep! She followed me to cattle country. We were use to the small farm at our old house, but this is a whole new level. We live several miles from a feed lot, and it's nothing like the little mom and pop farm in the mid-west. If the wind is blowing right, we can taste the cattle, especially when the sun comes out after a rainy day.

I am writing a 4 page paper and had better get back to work,

Wasalam!
~iggry

No comments:

Post a Comment